Forever and a day ago, I wanted to make one of those 30 things to do before you turn 30 lists, and I think I did but I’ll be damned if I have any idea where that’s gone. I’m in the business of list making and box ticking but my filing needs some work. So, like we always do when we want some ideas, or it’s a C4 extended ad break, I took to the internet. I found a plethora of things to do/see/eat/read/learn/tick off before you’re 30 lists, and from them, I decided to make a list of things I have actually done before turning 30!
- Bagged myself a Bachelors degree
- And a Masters degree
- Moved into my own place
- Met the love of my life
- Got engaged
- Surrounded myself with a few awesome people
- Started a hobby (blogging!) and stuck to it!
- Went camping (not glamping! I actually pitched a tent!)
- Sorted out my savings - and become pretty savvy at it too
- Travelled - I might not have many stamps in my passport but I have left the UK a fair few times!
- Treated myself to something really expensive - several times over
- Learned how to cook - I’m no Mary Berry but my go-to meals don’t tend to come out of frozen cardboard boxes anymore!
- Looked into my family tree - I didn’t get all that far but it was pretty interesting!
- Seen many musicals and stage shows
- Lived out my Disney Princess dreams in Walt Disney World
- Gotten (almost) over my fear of clowns!
- Completed a 30 day challenge - no meat for a month!
- Really started to look after myself; mind, body and soul.
- Discovered (but not yet mastered) meditation
- Spent a day at the spa
- Took myself on a date
- Challenged myself to step outside of my comfort zone
- Lived in the city
- Leant the basics of another language
- Read a lot of books
- Watched many classic films
- Figured out my own personal style - hello skater dresses and boots you beautiful things you.
- Kept journals
- Become happy in my own skin!
I’ll be honest, part of me semi-dreaded putting this list together when I came up with the idea, I didn't think it would sound interesting or exciting - and maybe it doesn’t to you. But it’s all about me and if the me of today could sit down with the me of 10 years ago and tell her all of these wonderful things that would happen, she would be a much happier, confident 20 year old.
We live, we learn. I’ve come so far in life but 30 isn’t going to be an over the hill moment for me, it’s going to be the start of a brand new chapter; thirty and flirty and thriving!
Have you got a big birthday coming up?
Until next time,