What happens to your blog post after you hit publish? Sure, you’ll go promote your blog post across social media, maybe you’ll add it to a link up, share it with friends and all that jazz. But as each new post comes along, older posts get pushed to the back of the blog draw. You might pull one out of the hat to promote from the archives every now and again, maybe link back to an older post in a more recent one, but how often do you ever go back to them?
I have some posts on this blog that I seriously love, most of which surround events, meetings, and opportunities I’ve had all thanks to blogging, and even though they’re some of my favourite posts, I hardly ever go back to re-read them. That’s where Blookup comes in. When you think about it, it’s a really simple idea, turning your blog posts into a book, so why has it took this long for someone to come up with it?
Blookup has a ridiculously even-my-mum-could-do-it system that simply takes your blog posts or Instagram pictures and allows you to select, organise and create an actual, physical, show it off on the coffee table book. A BOOK. With your name on the front. Why keep your kick-ass blog posts constrained to the digital world when you can show them off physically, in a glossy, professional looking, could-sneak-it-onto-the-shelf-in-Waterstones book?
The process couldn’t be simpler. It took me around 30 minutes to create my very first *Blook - and that’s only because I was ridiculously indecisive about everything, from title colours to page layout, cover design and blurb, I kept going back and changing my mind. In the end, I had a very glossy turquoise bound 220-page book, a collection of some of my favourite blog posts from January 2015 - June 2016. And that’s when it hit me.
OK, this idea has already hit Blookup, but still, I felt pretty genius for a second or two. Imagine if you collected all of your recipe blog posts, or your blogging tips, maybe your travel posts, or everything you’ve ever written about fashion? Or all of your marble backdrop cat-shots? Put them all together into a Blook and…dare I say…sell it? Blookup allows you to do just that. You can actually sell your collected works through their site, from books of blog posts to collections of Instagram shots, you can actually become a printed, published author. That's friggin fan-cee-pants right there. OR, you could just pass it to your Mum and let her show off all your hard work to her friends.
The quality of the finish is gorgeous, everything is printed clear, pictures are sharp, the paper is glossy with no bleed through, and there is even an index in the back. You also have the option of writing an author bio and a dedication for the front page. As I’m thinking of making this a yearly project, I chose to write the dates of which the following posts went live. I think it’s a really great way to look back on your blogging adventure! Every blook also comes with a free e-book version, j
5 blogs I would love to see as Blooks;
- Corinne - With a down to earth, kick ass approach to blogging, Corinne has put together some really informative, makes-all-kinds-of-sense blogging related posts that would make a fantastic blook collection.
- Anca - This girl is seemingly travelling the length and breadth of the UK, and I love reading her posts on her most recent days out, it would make an awesome blook collection for a B&B’s coffee table.
- Jemma - Let’s face it, it would be the pinkest, craftiest, scousest little blook of happiness you could ever put together.
- Danielle - Her photography is gorgeous, I love her nature and Disney related shoots, now if that’s not a coffee table blook, I don’t know what is! Her work always inspires me to get out there and play with my camera more!
- Lauren - Be it her lifestyle posts or her photography, either or would make an amazing blook collection. Her lifestyle posts always give me a gentle kick up the ass to get out of a funk and get going!
If I haven’t managed to completely sway you into turning your favourite blog posts into a blook, then here’s the icing on the cake, a wonderful little penny-saving discount code for Blookup that will get you a very lovely 10% off your order: SALOCABLOOK
What kind of Blook would you create?
Until next time,
BlookUp kindly provided me with a discount on my own Blook in exchange for this review. All thoughts and opinions are 110% my own :) For more information, see my disclaimer here.