|A to Z Challenge|
H is for...happy!
What does it take to put a smile on your face? What are the most simplistic things that make you really happy? I'm not talking jump up and down waving pom-poms around happy, just a general happiness, a feeling of contentment, if you will.
Here's 5 little things that are guaranteed to brighten my day and put a happy little smile on my face!
1. When my bus comes as soon as I get to the bus stop...I love it when you just get to the bus stop, turn around and see your bus coming towards you and for a bonus happy points, I love it when that bus has only a few passengers on and you reach your destination in record time. Commuters will know what I'm talking about!
2. Waking up from a god nights sleep. When I wake up from a great nights sleep I wake up with a smile on my face. Granted it doesn't happen half as often as I wish, but when it does, ah, bliss!
3. When I paint my nails and don't smudge/chip the polish. I'm terrible for this, I always paint my nails then go and do something else without giving them time to set, so they smudge all over the place and I have to remove all the polish and start again. Not good when you're short on time! If I can make it out the door with my polish in tact I can't help but smile!
4. Lighting a new candle. Don't ask me why but there is just something in lighting a fresh wick of a new candle that makes me smile. Do any of you guys get this? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm weird, I know!
5. Tea and cake. You knew this would be on here, right? I really love settling down, be it at home or out and about with a great cup of fresh tea, preferably herbal, and a door wedge slice of cake. At the minute I'm loving carrot cake with lots and lots of frosting! Insta-smile right there!!
What are some of the little things that make you happy?
Until next time,